background

3.11.2010

#3

#3 - bake a shaped/character cake

To be a baker like those on Ace of Cakes is a dream of mine. So, I thought I would give it a shot. You can't tell in this picture but this is a magician's bunny (just imagine a hat at the bottom that the bunny is jumping out of and a deck of cards for effect). My roommate, Amber, did magic shows at birthday parties when she was in middle and high school. I LOVE that about her! Anyways, she has been at her parent's home for almost 3 weeks recovering from ACL surgery so this was for her welcome home surprise. :) I am an extreme perfectionist so I won't even tell you what I think of it BUT it was super fun and Amber loved it :) So, I'm counting it a successful first try! I already have plans for my next one... Unfortunately I don't really like cake that much so I'll have to figure out something to do with them!

::buster the bunny, amber's treat::

1 comment:

  1. Ginnie, I love so much that making a cake in the shape of something is on your list of ten things new to do in 2010. And this bunny is just great!

    ReplyDelete